Start summer off by Training Like The Deacs!
David Bass, the Assistant Athletic Director of Sports Performance at Wake Forest University, and the Wake Forest Sports Performance Staff invite you to attend their Speed and Strength Day Camp. Coach Bass and his staff have over 20 years of Division 1 strength and conditioning experience with multiple sports. The staff holds certifications from the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), and National Athletic Training Association (NATA), amongst others. (See Staff Bios)
- The camp will be held June 19 - June 22 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Ages - 10 & up to 12th grade, at any skill level, are encouraged to sign up
- All camps are open to any entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).
- Campers will be taught proper coaching techniques for
- Plyometric Training
- Body-Weight, Olympic-Style and Traditional Strength Training
- Change of Direction and Agility Training
- Develop and Optimize Foundational Body Weight and Strength Training Movements.
- Develop and Optimize Speed Mechanics, Acceleration, Agility, Plyometric, and Quickness techniques/training
- Train Athleticism
- Train to reduce the incidence of injury
- Increase core strength and stability
- Reinforce and teach proper movement patterns
8:55-9:00 AM Camper Check-in/Drop off
9:05-9:15 AM Introduction and break up into warm-up groups
9:15-9:45 AM Warm-up focusing on the topic of the day
9:45-9:50 AM Water Break
9:50-10:50 AM Speed,Change of Direction,Agility, & Plyometrics
10:50-11:00 AM Water Break/Transition to Weight Room
11:00-11:55 AM Strength Training
11:55-12:00 PM Session Review and Camper Pick Up